Download frep_android.zip (Updated 24 Aug, 2016)
(Chrome may alert because of not many download times)
Setup tool of FRep (Android App.) for Android.
REQUIRES Another Android device which meet the followings
– USB host functionality with enough power supply*
– Android 3.1 or later
– USB host adapter for connection between 2 Android devices
(*USB host with 100mA maximum may not recognize the connected Android.)
[Tested devices] Nexus7, Sony Tablet S, STREAM X(GL07S), Galaxy Note.
[Usage Summary] (view in movie)
– Download and install** this tool to another Android device(2).
– Connect them by USB (host) cable as device(2) is host***.
– Starting this tool on device(2) will setup**** FRep on device(1).
– After setup, disconnect USB cable and switch USB debugging OFF on device(1).
– (If device(1) is on Android 5.1.1 or later) Switch ON “FRep Accessibility Service” of device(1) in Android Settings -> Accessibility, to activate the function of current app detection.
* See FAQ for location of USB debugging option.
** If downloaded zip file cannot be opened, please install filer app supporting zip, such as ES File Explorer File Manager.
Before installation, allow install from apk file by checking ON “Unknown Sources” in “Security” or “Application Settings (Application)” in Android Settings.
*** Some devices require specific setting for USB connection as USB host.
(Xperia Z4 series) Android Settings -> Device connection -> USB connectivity -> Detect USB device
**** If the tool on device(2) say [Server Script Started.] but the FRep on device(1) cannot start the service, please retry after either of following steps.
A. On device(1), open menu of FRep and select “Terminate strserv”, to reset the setup status.
B. On device(2), open menu of FRep Setup and check ON “Force Restart”, to skip checking the setup status.
(Previous version is here.)